Designed in 1915 by the architectural partnership of Charles Buchanan and Leon Brockway, this Swiss Chalet Craftsman style complex is one of the few historically maintained bungalow courts in Pasadena today.
Housing twenty-six living spaces, the “L” shaped configuration of the property is comprised of seven duplexes, two triplexes, one single cottage and the main building.
Commissioned by the original owner, Dr. Henry Rinehart, the name of the court derives from his and his wife Emma’s maiden name of Waybright. Ownership of the property changed hands in 1947 when Reinway was purchased by Dr. Albin H. Doe and his wife Katherine.
The property has remained in the Doe Family and is currently managed by Susan Halpin, grand daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Doe. Mrs. Halpin’s daughter Brianna Halpin-Sparks currently oversees on-site management and maintenance.